Primary Firmware Download

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Sun Aug 3 00:46:36 PDT 2003

On Sun, Aug 03, 2003 at 03:18:52AM -0400, Pavel Roskin wrote:

> Well, I have a PLX card and I can put a Prism 2.5 card into it.  I also
> have a PCI card that needs resurrection.

Feel free to implement prism2_plx_genesis_reset() for it..

> I'm not sure if you did something to allow the driver initialization to go
> ahead if the FID allocation (or some other part of initialization) fails.
> Right now, hostap_pci refuses to serve a card with STA 1.1.0.

Yes, I was wrong about PRI-only mode working with hostap_pci.. It is not
supposed to try FID allocation. I fixed it now. In addition, I managed
to get Genesis mode working also with hostap_pci. It was just getting
confused about AUX port being enabled twice.

I did also couple of fixes for flash downloading when in PRI-only mode
and since it seems to work, I enabled flash download of Primary firmware
without secondary. It is now possible to flash secondary separately.

> By the way, the "idle" argument is unused and should be removed.  hcr
> already determines if the card should be idle upon reset.

Yes, it was left there from some of my early tests. The code needs some
more cleaning anyway, but it can wait till tomorrow ;-).