Flashing with prism2_srec

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Fri Aug 1 19:28:58 PDT 2003

On Fri, Aug 01, 2003 at 11:29:08AM -0400, Pavel Roskin wrote:

> prism2_srec should be safe now.  Try without "-i" first.  If needed, use
> "-i", but it's more risky, so it's up to you to decide.

prism2_srec does not allow "-i" options to be used when downloading to
flash. It can only be used in RAM downloads, and for a good reason. I
know cases where firmware works without any problems even though "-i"
was required, but I also know cases in which the card dies horribly when
"-i" was used to ignore incompatible commands. With RAM downloads you
can always reset the card to fix this, but I would suggest being quite
careful when writing to flash.