SMP Frequent Lockups

Michael Vallaly vaio
Fri Aug 1 10:39:15 PDT 2003

Hello,

I am having issues with my WPC11 Linksys PCI card and a 2.4.21 SMP kernel. I recently upgraded the machine with another processor and recompiled the kernel to support SMP. Previously ive had only 1 or 2 lockups (non SMP kernel) using Hostap 0.0.3 under heavy traffic (FTP for instance) over a 3 month span. Now with the SMP kernel I have lockups with even light usage of the wireless AP (ssh or webbrowsing). These are hard lockups that require cycling the power via unplugging. I can verify that the lockups only happen with some sort of traffic on the wireless card, as I can keep the hostap module loaded with the interface down, and not crash. Anyone have a solution?

Ive tried every patch I can get my hands on, as well as the Hostap CVS code.

I will have quite a bit of free time from now until Aug 25th or so, and I am willing to test any patches / ideas thrown my way ;)

-Mike

/var/log/dmesg

<snip>
hostap_crypt: registered algorithm 'NULL'
hostap_pci: 0.0.4 - 2003-07-27 (Jouni Malinen <jkmaline at cc.hut.fi>)
hostap_pci: Registered netdevice wlan0
prism2_hw_init()
prism2_hw_init: initialized in 210 ms
wlan0: NIC: id=0x8013 v1.0.0
wlan0: PRI: id=0x15 v1.1.0
wlan0: STA: id=0x1f v1.4.9
wlan0: defaulting to bogus WDS frame as a workaround for firmware bug in Host AP                                                               mode WDS
wlan0: Intersil Prism2.5 PCI: mem=0xfd8ff000, irq=9

</snip>