hostap setup problem

Alex Wu awu
Sat Apr 26 18:39:02 PDT 2003

Hi,

I've compiled and installed the most recent hostap driver
for the Prism card on Intel XP425. It seems to start up fine.
I do not have iwconfig/iwpriv for the target platform.

I have two problems:
1)hostap_diag -b wlan0 complains:
   ioctl[PRISM2_IOCTL_READMIF]: Invalid argument

   The information returned from hostap_diag is:

   # hostap_diag wlan0
   Host AP driver diagnostics information for 'wlan0'

   NICID: id=0x8013 v1.0.0 (PRISM II (2.5) Mini-PCI (SST parallel flash))
   PRIID: id=0x0015 v1.1.0
   STAID: id=0x001f v1.4.9 (station firmware)

2)I cannot start hostapd, it complains:
     ioctl(SIOCGIFINDEX): No such device
     ioctl[SIOCGIFFLAGS]: No such device
   then exits.