Dynamic WEP does not work..

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Fri Apr 25 20:57:15 PDT 2003

On Sat, Apr 26, 2003 at 11:56:07AM +0900, ?vBXXZcX0-? wrote:

> Using latestest CVS tree. Dynamic WEP does not work ... when I try hostapd with EAP-TTLS authentication with
> broadcast WEP...

Works fine in my tests.. I'm using EAP-TLS, but that should not really
cause any difference for WEP. I tested both broadcast-only and
broadcast+individual key setup and I was able to ping the AP from the
STA in both cases.

> local hostap box set WEP key correctly (at least It's looks work well...) and STA can get authentication from RADIUS Server.
> but, after authentication STA does not talk with hostap Box... It looks like STA WEP key does not match hostap's one..

Which client card are you using and which Supplicant? Can you get any
debugging information from the Supplicant/driver about the WEP key
setup? Did you try with both unicast(individual) and broadcast keys or
only with broadcast key?

> in that time.. I show the iwlist key value.. the key value registered as correctly...

I would suggest using 'utils/hostap_crypt_conf -l wlan0' for listing the
keys. It will also show the individual keys whereas iwlist will only
list default/broadcast keys.