Questions on Hostap

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Thu Apr 24 18:44:15 PDT 2003

On Thu, Apr 24, 2003 at 03:45:33AM -0500, Chen Chen wrote:

> i would like to know if the current hostap version supports PCF mode?

No, it does not support PCF since Intersil firmware does not support it
in Host AP mode.

> is there any way to turn off or 'prolong' the beacon interval?

You can set beacon interval to about four seconds, but I'm not aware of
any mechanism of completely disabling beacon sending in Host AP mode.

> is there any way to send additional beacon frames in the 'hostap' level?

Yes, you can send more or less arbitrary frames. However, in most cases
this does not really help that much..