RangeLAN DS , firmware, and flashing cards.

Jerry mrcool
Tue Apr 22 08:58:13 PDT 2003

I have a RangeLAN DS card that doesnt work.  Windows will recognize it and
install drivers, but it gets a splat in Device Mangler, and wont work,
consequently i cant use winupdate...  I tried that dos flash utility that
has been mentioned in the posts, but it wont recognize my bridge (elan
single pci bridge, ricoh chip r5c475][).  I have a plx adapter, it doesnt
recognize it either.... So the dos flash utility appears to be useless to
me... it will load hostap drivers and will let me prism2_srec a ram firmware
image (1.5.6) but aparently it doesnt "work" in that nothing will happen
(client cant see an AP), it will give the error message hostap_plx error
reset

when i try to upload a firmware image to flash, (with latest CVS (4/22/03),
and prism2 download support enabled) the ram download works, but the flash
download fails complaining:
"Odd, Download request for the kernel driver failed.  Are you sure you have
compiled (and loaded the correct version of) hostap.o module with
PRISM2_DOWNLOAD_SUPPORT definition in driver/module/hostap_config.h?
ioctl[PRISM2_IOCTL_DOWNLOAD]: Operation not supported"
I thought flash download was working  in the CVS, although i will admit that
the prism2_srec is from a slightly older build, actually i think the 0.0.1.

Am i doing something wrong? have i forgotten something? Do you need more
info?  All help is appreciated.

Thanks
Jerry