Senao / Netgate / Engenius cards

Pavel Roskin proski
Sat Apr 19 10:44:21 PDT 2003

On Wed, 23 Apr 2003, Thomas Schreiner wrote:

> Hi all,
> I'm planning to buy a Seano 2511CD PLUS PC-card, prism 2.5 chipset (also
> sold by Netgate / Engenius), but in hostap_plx.c none of these
> manufacturers is mentioned. Can I just add the manufacturer to the
> struct and everything is ok?

PLX is just a bridge.  It can have its own PCI ID unrelated to the card.
Yes, it's OK to add more IDs.

> And: As this is a PCMCIA card, does it matter which PCI-PCMCIA-adapter I
> buy or are all of them working with hostap?

As far as I know, all PCI-to-PCMCIA bridges are supported by Linux, and
HostAP works with all of them.  Some TI bridges may need a patch to the
kernel to force using PCI IRQ.  There is a even a standalone PLX socket
driver in the early development: http://www.red-bean.com/~proski/plx9052/,
but it's better to use hostap_plx for now.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin