Latest CVS and non-volatile download test

Pavel Roskin proski
Fri Apr 18 08:54:18 PDT 2003

On Fri, 18 Apr 2003, Sergio M. Ammirata wrote:

> The firmware got updated successfully but if overwrote the cards pda
> with default values from the flash image. During flash it gave some
> warnings regarding the fact that it could not find the pda and it was
> using the firmware defaults.

It's really unhelpful that you are sending your interpretation of the
facts rather than facts (e.g. versions of your software and hardware,
program output).

> The pda values on the image where not correct and now the card is no
> longer recognized by windows or hostap.

Firmware images normally have reasonable defaults that would at least
allow minimal functionality to flash firmware again.

> How can I get the correct pda back on the card? Is my card dead :( ?

If it's just PDA, then the card should be OK.  Use the DOS flash utility -
it allows you to program PDA among other things.  If you have MAC 3842 or
better, you should be able to set genesis mode by the "-3842" argument,
and that can fix any damade to the card.  The utility can be found here:
http://home.eunet.cz/jt/wifi/ (sorry, it's in Czech, but you can just try
all links).

--
Regards,