Where I find WinUpdate and STA 1.5.6 or later for LinkSys WPC 11

Pavel Roskin proski
Wed Apr 16 15:52:48 PDT 2003

On Wed, 16 Apr 2003, Sorin PAUN wrote:

> I need to upgrade my card's firmware (because it's the buggy one:
> 1.4.2). I thinked to upgrade to 1.5.6, does it is a good choice?

Yes.  You can get the bootdisk with DOS flash utility and the firmware
here: http://home.eunet.cz/jt/wifi/floppy_flash.img

The documentation for the flash utility is here:
http://home.eunet.cz/jt/wifi/flash.pdf

You need secondary firmware file called sf010506.hex.  It's included on
the disk.

> I saw that Inytersil doesn't publish the winupdate utility on their
> website, so could anyone send me the winupdate utility and the win
> drivers? I think it's easier to use than prism_rec, isn't it? maybe a
> little more risky, too ;) ?

prism_srec only supports flashing in the CVS version.  You can use the DOS
utility.  WinUpdate is here:
http://www.simandl.cz/stranky/linux/xi626/soubory/WinUpdate-0-5-1-0.exe

> For the firmware, do the files on www.sydneywireless.com/hostap/ are ok
> for my wireless card?

Yes, but they are for RAM download, so you have to load them every time
you insert the card.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin