Question abou Auth. and deauth.

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Sat Apr 12 18:54:33 PDT 2003

On Wed, Apr 09, 2003 at 09:26:31AM +0000, Slavoj Hruska wrote:

> That's a real situation, that's a common, but is it fine?
> Is it logical what when I (hostapd client SA1) change AP to other I
> will not say to old AP good bye?

Yes, that is logical. Quite often the station has already went out of
range from the old AP when it is associating with a new one. In such a
case, there is no way for it to send frames directly to the old AP. IEEE
802.11 does not specify such disassociation behavior. However, IAPP
(IEEE 802.11f) is being added so that the new AP can inform the old AP
about reassociation of the station. After receiving this notification,
the old AP can remove association with the station.