HostAP digest, Vol 1 #184 - 15 msgs

Vic Berdin sndbeat
Tue Apr 8 22:14:02 PDT 2003

Hello Jouni,

I understand. Anyway, cardctl output is:

Socket 0:
  product info: "PCM-01", "RFNET 11Mbps PCMCIA-Card",
"Version 01.02", ""
  manfid: 0x0156, 0x0002
  function: 6 (network)

And I did change my entries to:

card "RFNet PCM-01 11 Mbps WLAN Card"
   version "PCM-01", "RFNET 11Mbps PCMCIA-Card",
"Version 01.02"
   bind "hostap_cs"

Thanks for the reminder.

--__--__--

Message: 13
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 19:20:47 -0700
From: Jouni Malinen <jkmaline at cc.hut.fi>
To: hostap at shmoo.com
Subject: Re: FYI: RFNet Intersil-PrismI Card conf
entry

On Mon, Apr 07, 2003 at 11:09:31PM -0700, Vic Berdin
wrote:

> To those who have the RFNet card, and plans to use
it
> with with the hostap project, I had to add these to
> the hostap_cs.conf to make it work:
>
> card "RFNet PCM-01 11 Mbps WLAN Card"
>    manfid 0x0156, 0x0002
>    bind "hostap_cs"

FYI: I will not add manfid 0x0156, 0x0002 entry to the
Host AP driver
configuration file since it is used by N+1 different
cards, included
non-Prism2 cards, like Lucent/Orinoco. If you want
that to be added to
the default configuration file, please send full
'cardctl ident' output
and I'll add an entry based on "product info"
("version" in the config
file).

--
Jouni Malinen