WDS speed issues revisited

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Tue Apr 8 21:46:12 PDT 2003

On Tue, Apr 08, 2003 at 07:23:52PM -0700, Dave wrote:

> I physically set two hostap boxes on my workbench about 5 feet apart,
> installed two brand new radios, rebuilt hostap from the latest release and
> installed/configured...no luck on a successful, stable 11Mbps WDS link.

Which transmit rates are being used with the CVS version (i.e., the one
that is supposed to fix Repeater mode rate control)? Do you see
different rates being used or only one? I would be interested in seeing
/proc/net/hostap/wlan0/<other end hwaddr> statistics for the link.

If the other end does not ACK frames for some reason, rate control
algorithm will most certainly drop the rate. If that is the case, I
would like to find out why the ACKs are not sent.

If you want to test hardcoding rate control, that should also be fixed
now (althought complete untested ;-) for Repeater mode. 'iwconfig wlan0
rate 11M fixed' should in theory allow only rate 11M being selected for
TX rate.