No ESSID in beacon frame

Dominique Blas ml
Sat Oct 26 06:35:29 PDT 2002

Le Samedi 19 Octobre 2002 07:44, Jouni Malinen a ?crit :
> On Fri, Oct 18, 2002 at 12:08:14AM +0200, Dominique Blas wrote:
> > And I suppose that it's not possible (or dangerous for the sanity of the
> > adapter) to insert a AP secondary firmware instead of a secondary station
> > firmware into a station.
>
> I have never head or a secondary image with AP code. AP firmware is
> usually a RAM downloadable image that is loaded during initialization to
> the card (and at that point it replaces the station firmware that was
> loaded from flash).

This RAM downlodable replaces the primary and secondary firmware stored in
flash or only the secondary firmware ?
Is it possible to retrieve an AP RAM image on the Net (an upgrade for a
Prism-based AP) and download it into the RAM of a classic Prism station
adapter ?

db