0.7.5 to 1.4.9 firmware upgrade?? [SOLVED]

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh
Thu Oct 17 07:33:13 PDT 2002

>Hi Pedro!
>
>I've tried to use your method on my Netgear MA401
>NIC: id=0x8003 v1.0.0
>PRI: id=0x15 v0.3.0
>STA: id=0x1f v0.8.3
>
>to STA 1.4.9 using your hex-File and method. It doesn't work for me, see
>the dmesg output below. When I am using STA 1.3.4 from Netgear it works,
>but I'd like to use 1.4.9 (or above) for card-based WEP in hostap-mode.
>
>Any suggestions anyone?

I managed to update my MA401. I found a version of the WinUpdate tool
that takes .hex files (the one provided by Netgear only does .oem files)
and then, I used google to finally find the proper 1.4.9 firmware
and 1.1.0 primary firmwares for this card. Mine is a 0x800c, so it's
probably not the same you need, but once you have figured out the
naming convention of the firmware files, it's easy to find them
with a search engine ;)

Ben.