MA401 & hostAP trouble

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh
Wed Oct 16 12:50:40 PDT 2002

>Any clue ? Should I try to find a newer firmware ? Is there
>something else wrong ?

I finally managed to update my firmware, I now have primary 1.1.0
and STA 1.4.9, and the problem remains.

Some more infos: in the hostAP dmesg, I also see some message
of the type "<MAC> assoc (len=16, prev_ap=00:00:00:00:00:00)
=> 0(0) (OK, old AID)

The station machine (airport card) shows a regulary increasing
number of "Tx excessive retries" in iwconfig (but no other error
in ifconfig),

The AP machine shows lots of TX errors in ifconfig (almost as
much as packets sent, 35 error for 40 packets sent in my latest
test)

Ben.