Firmware STA 1.5.4, R1010504.HEX

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Wed Oct 16 01:17:27 PDT 2002

On Wed, Oct 16, 2002 at 03:57:05AM -0400, Jason Boxman wrote:

> I have a Prism2.5 card here and a RAM downloadable primary firmware v1.1.0
> image.  Is it possible it already works?  If not, is there some output I can
> provide from a failure that would help get it working?

I have few Prism2.5-based PCI cards, so I do not probably need test
reports at this point. If I remember correctly, the download did not
work the last time I tried it.

I'm not fully sure about the proper procedure with primary image. There
are two possibilities: 1) download primary image to RAM, initialize
card, download station image to RAM, initialize card again; 2) download
combined primary image and station image data to RAM, initialize card. I
have mostly tested the second option, but it did not seem to work
correctly. First option requires some changes to the driver code so that
it will be able to initialize the card with only primary image and then
perform RAM download for the station image.