D-Link DWL-520 hangs machine.

Jason Boxman jasonb
Wed Oct 16 00:15:00 PDT 2002

On Wednesday 16 October 2002 02:36 am, Sam Tilders wrote:
> Hi all,

<snip>
> I have a suspicion it might have something to do with the PCI 2.2
> compliance bit... My motherboard is supposed to be 2.2 (according to the
> manafacturer - gigabyte) but dmesg shows:
> PCI: PCI BIOS revision 2.10 entry at 0xfdb71, last bus=3

It's possible.  I did talk with someone in September who has a confirmed PCI
2.1 system and is using a DWL-520 without any problems on a stock RH
2.4.18-10 kernel and HostAP 09/12/02.  I haven't used one personally in my
PCI 2.1 system because I had read it may not function properly without PCI
2.2 support.

--

Jason Boxman
Administrator TrekWeb.COM