Firmware STA 1.5.4, R1010504.HEX

Jason Boxman jasonb
Tue Oct 15 15:40:29 PDT 2002

On Tuesday 15 October 2002 06:05 pm, Stuffed Crust wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 15, 2002 at 04:04:28PM -0400, Jason Boxman wrote:
> > > 1.5.4 is fairly solid, unless you like to issue scan requests and end
> > > up locking up the card about half the time.    1.5.6 fixed that.
> >
> > And where might you acquire that version?
>
> One way is to have various NDAs and/or a support with Intersil.
>
> Beyond that, I guess you'll have to wait for someone to leak it.   Or
> you could extract the images from the windows driver if you're feeling
> adventureous..

I'd be happy with the knowledge of a Windows utility that will flash a card to
some more recent firmware version.  It seems different vendors decide whether
or not to make available updated firmware versions for their products and
that's the best you can hope for...

It sounds like upgrading to the most recent firmware is a mixed bag.  It
sounds like there are different variants for different chipsets, some older
ones don't have compatible newer firmware revisions, and some vendors don't
care to make updates available even when the chipset revision has a matching
firmware revision.

Or is that is a misinterpretation of reality?  Just trying to get a handle on
firmware update options.

--

Jason Boxman
Administrator TrekWeb.COM