Hardware based WEP?

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Fri Nov 29 08:28:44 PST 2002

On Thu, Nov 28, 2002 at 03:32:43PM +0100, Martin Polak wrote:

> I am wondering if hostap uses HW-based WEP if a secondary firmware
> >= 1.4.9 is loaded into volatile RAM after starting the card?

Current version of the driver does not automatically remove host
encryption after RAM-downloadable firmware upgrade (though, it will set
host encryption, if you downgrade). You would thus need to configure
this manually after having downloaded new firmware, i.e., run 'iwpriv
wlan0 host_encrypt 0' (or 'prism2_param wlan0 host_encrypt 0' if your
iwpriv/wireless_ext is not new enough for extended iwpriv commands).