Dead card after failed firmware flash?

Martin Polak martin.polak
Fri Nov 22 03:30:16 PST 2002

Hi All!

It finally has happened:

I wanted to flash a new firmware into my netgear MA401 using a
windows-notebook. When flashing was in progress, suddenly the notebook
made a reset, leaving my card f***ed up.

hostap now can't initialize the MAC-port und windows just says, that
there is something wrong with the card.

A speciality is, that when I am using newest 2-0-9 Prism-Drivers vom
Intersil, the card gehts started (I believe using the RAM-DL 1.5.6
firmware it shows) and "looks" fine. (cant test it, because of the
absence of an AP :-)
In this config it is also reported by the Flash-tools, but an upgrade
always fails (couldnt write PDA).

Does anyone know a solution to recover my card?

help
appreciated

Martin