Timing problems.

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Mon Nov 18 21:13:09 PST 2002

On Mon, Nov 18, 2002 at 10:30:02PM +0200, Vladimir Ivaschenko wrote:

> BTW, are there any 802.11b cards available which allow to change CIFS/DIFS
> intervals or to disable retransmissions with open source drivers?

I'm not aware of how these intervals could be changed in Prism2 cards,
but you should be able to setup retransmission limit with Host AP
driver. If you set the maximum number of retransmission to 0, there
should not be any retransmissions even if the frames are not
acknowledged. I haven't tested this thoroughly, but you can test it by
running 'iwconfig wlan0 retry 0'.