Timing problems.

Vladimir Ivaschenko hazard
Mon Nov 18 05:23:07 PST 2002

Mon, Nov 18, 2002 at 06:56:13AM -0500 Jason Straight wrote about Re: Timing problems.

> This subject recently came up on the wireless isp list, someone said 802.11b
> by default was tuned to work at up to 12 miles maybe they meant that's where
> it started to degrade (ie. sweet spot).
>
> I know we've had 13mi links work ok.

Well, I have a 15 km link and it gives duplicate packets. It's not
horrible enough to be noticeable for usual Internet use
(browsing/download), but will heart VoIP and other real-time services.

FYI, Cisco 350 series cards will stop working altogether when used for
15km+ links. They have some kind of limit in the firmware.

I wish there was a way to configure DIFS/CIFS periods.

--
Best Regards
Vladimir Ivaschenko