Problem initializing hostap_cs on dwl 650

Senthil Cumar Palaniappun senthilcumar
Fri Nov 15 10:33:32 PST 2002

Hi all,

I have a dwl 650 on RH 8. This now works on prism2_cs. I am now trying to
use it on hostap_cs and made the changes in pcmcia/config to bind dwl 650 to
hostap_cs (ignored vcc). When I restart pcmcia hostap_cs modules are getting
loaded but is not getting used. Here is the dmesg output -

hostap_crypt: registered algorithm 'NULL'
hostap_cs: hostap_cs.c 0.0.0 2002-10-12 (SSH Communications Security Corp,
Jouni Malinen)
hostap_cs: (c) Jouni Malinen <jkmaline at cc.hut.fi>
hostap_cs: setting Vcc=33 (constant)
hostap_cs: CS_EVENT_CARD_INSERTION
prism2_config()
hostap_cs: setting Vcc=33 (from config)
Checking CFTABLE_ENTRY 0x01 (default 0x01)
IO window settings: cfg->io.nwin=1 dflt.io.nwin=1
io->flags = 0x0046, io.base=0x0000, len=64
hostap_cs: RequestIRQ: Resource in use
prism2_release
: card already removed or not configured during shutdown
release - done
prism2_detach
hostap_free_data: ap has not yet been initialized - skip resource freeing

So it looks like there might be a conflict in the IRQ. But then if I change
it to prism2_cs it works file. Please help me.

Thanks,
Senthil