Contd: More description of prob with dwl 650 on RH 8

Martin Polak martin.polak
Thu Nov 14 09:19:56 PST 2002

Senthil Cumar Palaniappun schrieb:
> Hi all,
>
> In continuation to my prev post a few more description of my prob with
> dwl 650.
>
> I added the following lines to /etc/pcmcia/config file-
>
> card "D-Link DWL-650"
>  version "D", "Link DWL-650 11Mbps WLAN Card"
>  bind "hostap_cs"
>
> When I restart the pcmcia I get the foll error -
>
> [root at Einstein pcmcia]# /etc/init.d/pcmcia restart
> Shutting down PCMCIA services: done.
> Starting PCMCIA services: cardmgr[2062]: error in file 'config' line
> 1102: unknown device 'hostap_cs'
> cardmgr[2062]: watching 1 sockets
> done.
>

> Looks like it doesn't find hostap_cs module. But then if I load
> hostap_cs it loads fine, though that also still doesn't find the card :(
> Please help me...
>
> Thanks,
> Senthil

Thats because cardservices don't know the DEVICE hostap_cs

you are missing a line like:

device "hostap_cs"
    class "network" module "hostap_cs"

in your pcmcia-config files.
If your look at hostap_cs.conf file supplied with hostap, it is the
first entry.

This entry defines the devices, which says: Iam a networkdevice, using
host_cs.o.
The entry that you made tells the pcmcia subsystem, that your card is of
that device.

Martin