Trying to install hostap on a UltraSPARC running Debian

Olivier Bornet Olivier.Bornet
Sat Nov 9 14:47:03 PST 2002

Hello,

I have a new starter kit with two PCMCIA USR Robotics 2410 cards. I have
also one "adapter" for PCI to put one of this card in a PCI-based
computer. See http://www.usr.com/support/product-template.asp?prod=2410
for more informations.

I'm trying to install the adapter with one card in a SPARC Ultra 10
running Debian. Loading the module give me the folowing messages :

hostap_crypt: registered algorithm 'NULL'
hostap_plx: hostap_plx.c 0.0.0 2002-10-12 (SSH Communications Security Corp, Jouni Malinen)
hostap_plx: (c) Jouni Malinen <jkmaline at cc.hut.fi>
PLX9052 PCI/PCMCIA adapter: mem=0x1ff00008000, plx_io=0x2000400,
irq=6747200, pccard_io=0x2000480
hostap_plx: CIS: 01 03 00 00 ff 17 ...
hostap_plx: manfid=0x0156, 0x0002
hostap_plx: cor_index=0x1 cor_offset=0x3e0
Prism2/2.5 PC Card detected in PLX9052 adapter
PLX_INTCSR=0x7c99a100
hostap_plx: Could not enable Local Interrupts
hostap_plx: No devices found, driver not installed.
hostap_crypt: unregistered algorithm 'NULL' (deinit)

What can I do to have it working on the Ultra 10 ?

Please note the PCMCIA card work great on a x86 Debian laptop and
hostap. Note also I'm really new to wireless.

I also have try orinoco_cs and linux-wlan-ng, without success too. (but
maybe more bad, as I the modules crash with a oops...).

Thanks in advance for any tips.

		Olivier
--
Olivier Bornet                 |      fran?ais : http://puck.ch/f