Passive scanning

Gerald Britton gbritton
Tue Nov 5 12:58:34 PST 2002

On Tue, Nov 05, 2002 at 03:49:37PM -0500, Jason Boxman wrote:
> On Tuesday 05 November 2002 02:47 pm, Stuffed Crust wrote:
> > On Tue, Nov 05, 2002 at 07:08:36PM +0100, Victor Aleo wrote:
> > > Anyone knows if it is possible to use Passive scanning instead of Active
> > > with the Prism2 driver?
> >
> > With station firmware 1.5.1 or newer, it's possible.
>
> So where do you get that? ;)

Intersil's website has ram downloadable 1.5.6 firmware, i've had limited
success with it (data works for a while, then stops working).  I've only
tried it once though, and only with one piece of hardware.  I suspect I
needed proper entries for PDA records which were missing rather than trying
to use the defaults.  Either that, or I needed updated primary firmware.

You need to get the intersil driver and run it through the split images
script included in utils/ with hostap.  There were posts a while ago on
here regarding doing this.

				-- Gerald