multiple reassociation at HostAP

Mohit bajpai mohit_bajpai
Mon Dec 30 06:28:48 PST 2002

Hi Jouni,

I am using the hostapd driver released on 2002-10-12 for WLAN AP with Linksys WPC11 cards. While moving between two APs it is observed that the number of times reassociation request comes is not constant, sometimes more than one reassociation request comes when we move the STA to new AP area.

Though the new AP shows that the STA has associated with it , the STA shows the MAC address of the old AP for several seconds before showing the new APs MAC address. Is it ok to have multiple reassociation requests? How can we detect, at the hostap, that the STA is finally associated to it?

The distance between two APs is approximately 40 feet . Are the multiple re-association requests due to this?

Please reply,

Regards,

Mohit Bajpai