What Am I Missing?

Jean Tourrilhes jt
Wed Dec 18 15:09:53 PST 2002

Les Bell wrote :
> In file included from /usr/src/linux/include/linux/wireless.h:70,
>                  from prism2_srec.c:20:
> /usr/src/linux/include/linux/ethtool.h:18: parse error before `u32'
> /usr/src/linux/include/linux/ethtool.h:18: warning: no semicolon at end of
> struct or union
> /usr/src/linux/include/linux/ethtool.h:19: warning: type defaults to `int'
> in declaration of `supported'

	Hu ? What's that ? I believe ethtool should not find it's way
to user space, and it's never included from wireless.h.
	Can you cut'n'paste the first 100 lines of wireless.h in an
e-mail on the list ? Also, can you reproduce that with an official
kernel from kernel.org (not a Red-Hat kernel) ?
	Some people may argue that prism2_srec.c should include
/usr/include/linux/wireless.h, but that's another story.

	Regards,

	Jean