Linksys WPC 11

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Sun Dec 15 08:57:19 PST 2002

On Sat, Dec 14, 2002 at 12:30:25PM -0500, Gary Huntress wrote:

> The only other problem I notice is that if I eject the card I get:
>
>     hostap_cs:   release postponed wlan0 still locked
>
> and I can't reinsert the card :
>     requestID : resource in use

If you just eject the card without setting the wlan0 interface down,
some resources are not freed immediately. You will need to set the
interface down either before ejecting the card or after (I haven't
tested this for a while, but it should work). In other words, the
Linux network interface does not necessarily disappear immediately when
you eject the card. This was needed to fix couple of potential crashes.