802.1x with WinXP

Brian Pomerantz bapper
Fri Dec 6 09:57:21 PST 2002

On Fri, Dec 06, 2002 at 02:12:33AM -0700, marcb at softhome.net wrote:

> I'm pretty sure the key is then sent to the laptop... as for a brief second
> or two I get a "Authentication Successful" message on WinXP, but as soon as
> the connection is authenticated it drops out and hostapd deauthenticates
> it.

This sounds like the same problem I had from a client side perspective
(though the same problem is probably there for AP as well).  When the
WEP key is set on the card, the card is reset.  Take a look at this
email and patch to see if the problem goes away:

	http://hostap.epitest.fi/hostap/2002-09/2056.html

Certainly in the case where you are using the encryption module
instead of the card's firmware, you DON'T want the card to be reset.
You may have multiple supplicants with different WEP keys for each
one.  They would all be deauthenticated every time someone new comes
along.

BAPper