OT Question on audio downloads from youtube

VeniVidiVideo venividivideoed at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 18:29:34 EDT 2020

As you suspect, there is no value in losslessly re-encoding something that is already lossy encoded.  If the re-encoding process is perfect you'll still just end up with a perfect copy of the original lossy recording.

Using youtube-dl with appropriate parameters should get you as good as you can get.  Same with JDownloader2.

-vvv