Unable to refresh

Ralph Corderoy ralph at inputplus.co.uk
Thu Mar 22 16:40:17 PDT 2018

Hi Richard,

> > > If you are typing `get_player .* --since 70' into a Linux shell
> > > then it will glob the `.*' and replace it with the expansion, e.g.
> > > `. ..', unless it's quoted.
>
> The 3.09 release notes say, "get_iplayer no longer lists all
> programmes when invoked without a search argument. If you wish to list
> all programmes, you must now explicitly specify a wildcard search:
> get_iplayer ".*" - note the quotes.
>
> "note the quotes" is in bold, but in this case it seems to give the
> same results without.

The instructions here say to add two and two, in bold, but I find
multiplying them works just as well, and raising one to the power of the
other.  :-)

gives get_iplayer two or more regexps and it tries to match any of them.
It's not your intent.  Convention is to use the strongest quotes
possible to ease the interpretation by the readers.  For regexps, that's
same results and needs no quotes.

--
Cheers, Ralph.
https://plus.google.com/+RalphCorderoy