Format of options file

Bernard Peek bap at shrdlu.com
Mon Mar 5 05:33:10 PST 2018

On 05/03/18 12:55, MacFH - C E Macfarlane wrote:
> Seems valid reasoning to me.
>
> Some people may be misunderstanding the precise meaning of 'Carriage
> Return'.  I'm not 100% up on my telecoms history, but AIUI ...

This is a long-standing problem for any organisation that exchanges text
files between systems using different formats. When I wrote interface
formats I mandated that a receiving program will handle any permutation
of <CR> <LF> in any permutation. It's even a problem for places that
think XML solves all standards problems.

--

Bernard Peek

   bap at shrdlu.com