BUG: resumption of download does not work

Dr. Axel Stammler axst at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Jan 12 06:20:29 PST 2018

Hi,

Unfortunately my internet connection is slowly and unreliable — but Get I Player has been
coping with that increasingly better, so first of all: Thank you!

There seems to be (at least) one particular programme that offers a problem:

   INFO: Downloaded: 0.00 MB (00:00:00) @ 0.00 Mb/s (hvfxsd1) [audio+video]
   WARNING: Unexpected size for file segment [1]
   WARNING: Expected: 1675832  Downloaded: 1353905
   WARNING: Retrying download
   WARNING: Retrying tv: 'Himalaya with Michael Palin - 3. Annapurna to Everest (b0074qpt) [pre-watershed]'

   INFO: Downloaded: 28.24 MB (00:01:55) @ 0.53 Mb/s (hvfxsd1) [audio+video]
   WARNING: Failed to download file segment [16]
   WARNING: Retrying tv: 'Himalaya with Michael Palin - 3. Annapurna to Everest (b0074qpt) [pre-watershed]'
   WARNING: Invalid resume parameters: #b0074qpt,pre-watershed,hvfxsd,0,0
   WARNING: Restarting download

   INFO: Downloaded: 584.02 MB (00:39:02) @ 0.83 Mb/s (hvfxsd1) [audio+video]
   WARNING: Failed to download file segment [306]
   WARNING: Retrying tv: 'Himalaya with Michael Palin - 3. Annapurna to Everest (b0074qpt) [pre-watershed]'
   WARNING: Invalid resume parameters: #b0074qpt,pre-watershed,hvfxsd,0,0
   WARNING: Restarting download

This goes on endlessly I am afraid. Usually downloads are resumed and finish perfectly,
here this seems not to work.

Is there anything I can do to improve the situation (except hope for better connection
quality)?

Axel