Downloading Podcast?

Budge ajebay at errichel.co.uk
Tue Jan 2 04:06:46 PST 2018

On 02/01/18 09:26, RS wrote:

> On 02/01/18 01:14, Alan Milewczyk wrote:
>> On 02/01/2018 03:10, Budge wrote:
>>> I have found a short (video) clip p0081fsp (I don't understand why
>>> the 'p' when it is video.   Video podcast!!!)
>>>
>>> My problem is I can play it on my workstation but cannot download
>>> using get_iplayer --pid p0081fsp
>>>
>>> What am I doing wrong and how can I get it please?
>>> Budge
>>>
>> AFAIAA, you can no longer download podcasts using GIP.  That facility
>> was removed a while back.
>>

> That is my recollection too, although I think the ability to download
> clips was removed more recently than that to download podcasts.
>
> You can try VLC.  Otherwise there is a list of podcatchers at
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_podcatchers

Hi Alan and Richard,
Thanks for the suggestions.  I recall the ending of ability to download
podcasts but rather hoped the issue was temporary.

Why cannot GiP get a podcast for which I have the pid and can play on my
pc?  What were the technical reasons why not?  Can you point me to the
explanation please?
Budge