BBC Watchdog 25 April 2018 and catchup

RS richard22j at zoho.com
Wed Apr 25 15:37:15 PDT 2018

A few days ago we discussed the possible effect of changes in the way
the BBC presented programme information on smart televisions.  On
Watchdog this evening, about 28 minutes into the programme, there was an
item where people were complaining that catchup services, including the
iPlayer, had stopped working on their smart televisions.

What I found surprising was that an investigative BBC programme appeared
to have made no attempt to interview the iPlayer team about the causes
of the smart televisions' having ceased working.