Download speeds

Alan Milewczyk alan at soulman1949.com
Sun Apr 15 17:42:19 PDT 2018

I'm with Virgin and my 200 Mbps connection has typically achieved
download speeds of around 50 Mbps from the hlshd CDNs.

As quite a few TV programmes are no longer available in hlshd, I decided
reluctantly to switch to the 50fps option so I can still get HD content.
However, hvfhd downloads (using hvfhd1 CDN) are typically only achieving
download speeds of around 20 Mbps. This, combined with the fact that the
downloads themselves are double the size of hlshd, means that my
download times are 5 times longer than hitherto! Not good! :-(

Sigh...

---