OT: A few ffmpeg queries

Alan Milewczyk alan at soulman1949.com
Thu Sep 7 13:10:13 PDT 2017

On 07/09/2017 03:09, Vangelis forthnet wrote:
>> ffmpeg -i progname.ts -c:av copy progname.mp4
>
> Very early in the morning here, so I'll be laconic for now :-)
> Assuming you've not mistyped it,
> -c:av copy
> is not valid and probably the reason your command is initiating
> video+audio transcoding... Try
> ffmpeg -i progname.ts -c copy progname.mp4

Super, does the job beautifully. All playback is through an nVidia
Shield which I got recently. I've just downloaded ffmpeg/ffprobe/ffplay
from the ffmpeg site, so I'll examine the files and the contents of the
streams properly.

I prefer mp4 because I can tag the file, whereas ts won't allow that.

Hope you're well, anyway. Autumn has well and truly arrived here with
some horrible wet weather, but I guess you wouldn't mind some rain after
the horrendous heat in Southern Europe this summer.

Best wishes dear friend

---