BBC Radio 3 podcast quality

Simon Morgan s.morgan at skm.org.uk
Tue Oct 24 00:32:41 PDT 2017

On BBC Radio 3 last week, the Composer of the Week was Puccini. Donald
MacCleod interviewed Antonio Pappano in between the various clips. All these
interviews are available as a Podcast which I have downloaded. The audio
quality is 128 kb/s while the original broadcast is 320 kb/s. The quality
difference is not critical in my opinion as it is mostly speech but I would
be interested to know if podcasts can be downloaded at a higher quality.

I think that there has been an answer to a similar query in the past but I
can't locate it. Any thoughts or guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks
Simon Morgan

Do you have a slow PC? Try a Free scan