Linux converting from manual installation to PPA woes.

John Reay john.reay at gmail.com
Sun Nov 26 11:41:51 PST 2017

After due consideration I decided to trash my custom perl environment
(mostly because I couldn't recall why it was ever installed) and to
let Synaptic to a complete removal of get_iplayer and then install a
fresh copy from the PPA. Seems to have solved all my problems! Thanks
to all who made suggestions or otherwise helped!

Repaired using the sledgehammer method.