modes question

RS richard22j at zoho.com
Mon May 29 04:02:01 PDT 2017

I was going to say it was because that was what the BBC thought people
wanted for watching Eastenders, although curiously not all sporting events.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/blog/2015-07-the-development-of-new-video-factory-profiles-for-bbc-iplayer

Then I looked at --info for episode 4 of series 3 of Hinterland, b08s3f2s.
It has hlshd1 and hlshd2 modes.  How are you selecting the mode?  Try
--tvmode=hlshd
Sometimes HD modes appear later than other modes.