Can't download with GiP 3.00

Alan Milewczyk alan at soulman1949.com
Mon May 8 16:50:18 PDT 2017

On 08/05/2017 22:16, Vangelis forthnet wrote:
> On Mon May 8 17:44:09 BST 2017, Alan Milewczyk wrote:
>> Must admit, I was amused by the reference to a video profile as
>> "outgoing" - wonder what the introverted profiles are like? ;-)
>
> LOL - Cheers, Alan! Best laugh of the day for me!

;-)
>> I dug out the v2.99 get_iplayer.pl file and tried that but got an
>> ffmpeg error - I couldn't be bothered decoding what the error meant
>
> ... Are you sure it wasn't an rtmpdump error?

It could have been, sorry, I don't recall now....

> In GiP 3.00+, RTMP stream support (ergo flash modes) was removed,
> hence the same happened to the utility (RTMPdump) used to fetch those
> streams... Either way, you could've always posted that error here and
> hopefully a sympathetic soul (!) could have given it a look...

Hehehe, true! But having said that, I had a stack of downloads I needed
to sort out and this was a quick way to achieve that! If I get some
time, I'll try again on this desktop (which has v3.01 installed) ....
> Take the best of care, Vangelis.

You too, dear friend!

Best wishes

Alan