[ANN] get_iplayer v3.01 released

Jim web web at audiomisc.co.uk
Sun May 7 06:35:24 PDT 2017

In article <021a01d2c719$0d969d50$28c3d7f0$@morgan at skm.org.uk>,
   Simon Morgan <s.morgan at skm.org.uk> wrote:
> Is this what you are after?
> https://github.com/get-iplayer/get_iplayer/wiki/modes

Thanks! Yes, that's excellent. :-) It is possible I'd found it in the past,
but then forgotten. Unreliable memory. :-/  I'll print out a copy of the
page and the one it links to that gives further details on the modes.

I see that some of the TV modes do, indeed, allow the possibly of high
resolution 25fps with 320k aac. But say "or 90k". So I assume the 320k
would be fetched if available. (?)

This raises a more general question I'm unclear about. For some
resolutions, etc, various transfer modes are offerred. Given the
recent/current problems with hls this makes me wonder - is a specific
choice of transfer mode to be preferred when more than one nominally get
the same AV data? Or is this why the general terms like 'best' have a
particular ordering to try, so just adopting that approach always deals
with this question in terms of reliability and speed of fetching?

Thanks again,

Jim

--
Electronics  https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/~www_pa/Scots_Guide/intro/electron.htm