Can't download with GiP 3.00

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Thu May 4 18:12:05 PDT 2017

On Thu May 4 13:13:12 BST 2017, tellyaddict wrote:

> Being on 2.99 would still have errors.

True, Dr Watson, very true... :-)

However, 2.99 (and earlier) provide access to exact matches
(specswise) to the hls modes that are now failing with
"Segment not found" errors (which is a sad revisit of the
issues we faced back when 2.95 was released).
The following excerpt from the 2.96 Release Notes
continues to be of value even today:

https://github.com/get-iplayer/get_iplayer/wiki/release296#4-flash---saviour-of-the-universe

I'll say it again, but it was not prudent to axe RTMP
streams support before the BBC do; old reliable code with
little maintenance cost, should have been removed only
after those streams were killed-off by the beeb...

FWIW, flashhd was the only way I could get
720p25 for either pid=p04w8y7v or p0510g83

Cheers