Workaround for "aactomp3"

RS richard22j at zoho.com
Tue Mar 14 09:33:15 PDT 2017

>From: Chris Marriott Sent: Tuesday, March 14, 2017 15:46

>Both "dafstd" and "hafstd" are, for some reason, only downloading at about
>2Mbits/sec. For TV downloads with "hlsstd", by comparison, I'm getting
>12MBit/sec (what I'd expect from my Internet connection speed which is
>about 13.5Mbit/sec). Are these new modes always slower than the old flash
>modes? (I am in the UK, if that makes any difference.)

Speeds increased dramatically when I moved to Virgin Media.  There was also
a big increase when I changed from Flashhd to HLShd, from 20-30Mbit/s to
50-80Mbit/s.  Radio was slower at about 4Mbit/s for HAFstd but with DAFstd
it seems to have gone up to about 40Mbit/s.  Some TV programmes are slower,
at about 20Mbit/s, but I don't know why.