A bug in get_iplayer-3.01?

Ralph Corderoy ralph at inputplus.co.uk
Sat Jun 17 08:56:43 PDT 2017

Hi Richard,

>     if ($opt->{subdirformat} != '') {
>         my $subdir = $prog->substitute($opt->{subdirformat}, 1)
>     };
>     else {
>         $subdir = $prog->substitute ('<longname>', 0)
>     };
>
> I need to get some help to get the syntax right.

Try

    my $subdir;
    if ($opt->{subdirformat} != '') {
    }

> I think I'll stick to learning C++ and Python.

Python's worth learning, but don't bother with C++ as it's got worse
with every passing year since it's escaped from the Labs.  Try
https://tour.golang.org/ for a good cross-platform compiled language
that a lot of Python users like enough to migrate.

--
Cheers, Ralph.
https://plus.google.com/+RalphCorderoy