bigger files

Alan Milewczyk alan at soulman1949.com
Sat Jun 3 14:47:05 PDT 2017

Hi Graham

We got the message and artisticforge replied to it yesterday:

"hello

Good place to start is read the get_iplayer wiki on recording quality

https://github.com/get-iplayer/get_iplayer/wiki/modes

If possible, the other option is to add a hard drive. Hard drives are
inexpensive. Nothing like the prices years ago. amazon.co.uk seems
to have the warehouse deals on hard drives."

The recording modes have changed in recent versions and what was the
default is now different. 1 GB/hour is the file size you get for HD
output at 1280x720. I suspect you were using 960x540 mode. As
artisticforge says read the wiki link and take it from there. You can
still specify what download mode you wish to use.

I've cc'ed your e-mail in case you don't get this mail from the list but
please reply via list.

Regards

Alan