Podcast sample rate

RS richard22j at zoho.com
Mon Jul 17 07:28:26 PDT 2017

I have a feeling that GiP support for podcasts has been withdrawn, but here
are four recent examples which you can download directly.

http://open.live.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/5/redir/version/2.0/mediaset/audio-nondrm-download/proto/http/vpid/p058rwkw.mp3

http://open.live.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/5/redir/version/2.0/mediaset/audio-nondrm-download/proto/http/vpid/p057xbn0.mp3

http://open.live.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/5/redir/version/2.0/mediaset/audio-nondrm-download/proto/http/vpid/p058pxd2.mp3

http://open.live.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/5/redir/version/2.0/mediaset/audio-nondrm-download/proto/http/vpid/p058rm6r.mp3

Three of them are Radio 4 and one Radio 3.  If you download the .m4a files
using GiP and the following PIDs the sample rate is 48kHz, so the BBC is
using both, which seems crazy.

b08xx96m
b08xcqwf
b08wr7ss