Re "Issues with Large Files" and "Recent Radio Downloads Not Playing".

batguano999 batguano999 at zoho.com
Mon Jan 23 17:15:38 PST 2017

>What does it mean if the shorter M4A/AAC files play but longer ones don't,
>because that is the situation I have? I can get the files to play if I run
>mp4box, which introduces 500ms interleaving, but only for files up to about
>14min.
>
>Do you have any suggestions for multiplexers which work better with problem
>players?

Hi
Probably it means that your hardware player is very picky about how the aac is muxed.
Not as lenient as the software players such as VLC.

I am able to play m4a files up to 30 minutes duration when muxed with mp4creator program.

Create a 30 minute "raw aac" test file with FFmpeg...
ffmpeg -f lavfi -i sine=d=1800 -y 1800_testfile.aac

Mux it into m4a with mp4creator...
mp4creator -create=1800_testfile.aac 1800_testfile.m4a

See if it plays OK.

mp4creator is here ---> https://sourceforge.net/projects/mp4creator/files/mp4creator/version%201.6.1e-pre/

It works with Linux and Wine too...
~ $ wine ./mp4creator.exe -version
Z:\home\user\mp4creator.exe - mpeg4ip version 1.6.1e-pre